Following Southwest’s 50% off sale earlier this week, competitors have launched their own discounted flights to Hawaii. For example, Hawaiian Airlines is now offering one-way flights from the West Coast starting at $62.
The Aloha State’s carrier is also selling more expensive yet still discounted flights from major East Coast hubs, including New York.
Additionally, round-trip flights from other departure cities are available on American Airlines and United Airlines for less than $200.
Airlines: American, Hawaiian and United
Routes: San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Boston and others to Honolulu, Kona, Lihue and Hilo, Hawaii
How to book: Browse Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: October 2023 to May 2024 and January to February 2024, depending on the route
Book by: ASAP
Blackout dates: Some include Thanksgiving, but all exclude Christmas and New Year’s flights.
Thank you to Going, formerly known as Scott’s Cheap Flights, for alerting us to part of this deal. Sign up for Going to get deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to Going’s Elite membership for $199 per year; doing so will give you access to all the Premium deals, plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
The following flights were priced as listed at the time of publication. We cannot guarantee the below flights will be available when you book:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and San Diego International Airport (SAN) to Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), starting at $90 one-way
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) to HNL, starting at $91 one-way
- Oakland International Airport (OAK) to Lihue Airport (LIH), starting at $94 one-way
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to HNL, starting at $99 one-way
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) to LIH, starting at $112 one-way
- SFO to LIH, HNL and Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole (KOA), starting at $197 round trip
- SEA to LIH, HNL and KOA, starting at $216 round trip
- AUS to LIH, starting at $232 round trip
- AUS to KOA, starting at $247 round trip
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to HNL, starting at $279 one-way
- New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to HNL, starting at $310 one-way
The cheapest flights on Hawaiian Airlines will be for the carrier’s Main Cabin Basic fare type; it allows travelers one free carry-on and one personal item but is otherwise restricted.
The round-trip flights advertised in this deal will be for American and United basic economy. Similar to Hawaiian’s basic economy, these tickets do not permit flight changes or cancellations. Travelers are assigned seats at check-in and board in the last group.
Reward your inbox with the TPG Daily newsletter
Join over 700,000 readers for breaking news, in-depth guides and exclusive deals from TPG’s experts
Travelers flying American basic economy can bring one personal item and one carry-on item, while United basic economy does not permit a full-size carry-on. A checked bag costs between $30 and $35 each way on all airlines.
When searching for this deal, you’ll see sale flights to Maui’s Kahului Airport (OGG). Out of respect for the ongoing wildfire recovery efforts, TPG is not promoting deals to Maui at this time.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
This is a wide-reaching deal with pros and cons. The available Hawaiian Airlines flights are restricted to travel in January and February but include a variety of routes and are cheaper in price overall. Fewer flights are available on American and United, but they still offer a steep discount at more than 70% off for select routes for a longer time period.